Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Favorites


I have a favorite fork, spoon, & knife I like to use in our home. I know it sounds weird, but I do. They're solid whatever they're made out of (as opposed to the plastic attached to something colored silver that we have so much more of) and I don't know...more solid? As in, I don't have to worry about the fork breaking when I use it to cut a bite. Last night, I found myself ecstatic to be able to eat my cottage cheese with my favorite fork. Again, yes. Weird. I find myself only wanting to use these specific favorites, too. I thought about how much I enjoy these and then realized how glad I am that my Father doesn't have favorites. He uses every one of us and the talents He has given us! He uses us even when we're not quick to use our talents. He uses us even when we forget to use our talents. He uses us even when we don't know what those talents are. THIS is love, my friends. True, true Love.

No comments: