Monday, January 23, 2012

Quiet Mornings

I love, LOVE my quiet morning time...time before anyone else in the house is awake, before extra kids arrive, before needing to communicate with the rest of the world. Some days I workout first, some days I just relax on the couch or in bed...get my drift?

I thought this morning about how peaceful that time is--time when I can talk to God about what's going on in my heart, pray for my husband, my family, for friends' requests, for wisdom to know what else I can do to honor Him and those I love.

Then came the craziness. :) Two kids came for the day, we ate breakfast, Colby got up & ate, kids started playing (LOUDLY, I might add...didn't get that Veggie Tales' in the player in time), husband left for work, Caleb got up...frustration comes & goes despite the "Joy of the Lord is my strength" song going 'round & 'round in my head. Oh, how I long to go back to that time just an hour or two before.

But that's not how it works. In all of my selfish desires for constant peace, it doesn't happen and it can't happen--God didn't create us for that. It makes me smile (and honestly, inwardly groan at times) to know that true peace comes from knowing that God has the "not so peaceful" times in His hands and works every.single.one out for His glory. Praise God for that!

"Moooooom, I'm still HUNgry!", he says. "Yes, child, let's find another snack, (right after I sing that Joy song a few more times again today)..."

No comments: