Saturday, January 28, 2012

"For Crying Out Loud!"

Yesterday, Colby was outside playing with our little daycare friend and I heard him saying, "For crying out loud!" (Yes, he is his mother's son.)  This morning, he said to Justin, "Are you kidding me?!" Of course, he doesn't really know what these phrases really mean but what made me laugh was to see him mentally prepare to say these phrases out loud, say them, and then feel more comfortable to say them over and over again. 

I remember, as a child, being intimidated by my dad. If Dad said "No", there was no turning back so I usually tried my mom first. I grew out of this eventually and became more comfortable talking to my father...it felt a bit more normal each time I did.

Both of these thoughts have something to do with prayer and worship habits, don't they? Raising my hands in worship is still a bit out of the norm for me but each time I do becomes more and more comfortable. Asking my Father for outrageous things seems selfish sometimes...but each time I do, I'm reminded that He wants to hear these requests from me and I'm encouraged to do it again. I'm always grateful He hears my prayers, but I wonder...does He smile & chuckle when I finally try to worship or ask Him something in a new way? :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Amen to that!!! (And yes, Colby definitely hangs around you alot! ;))