Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sweet Babblings

Our Dub has a language all his own right now. Sometimes you know what he's talking about, most times you have to try to glean little bits from the words that come out. He'll come up, talk for minutes at a time sometimes, (most of it baby gibberish, if not all) and walk away confident in what he has told you. Those who are around him often know that "d" means he wants a drink, "guk" is milk, and "kiki" would be his beloved blankie. Of course, that's not always possible...he occasionally has a babysitter who hasn't spent a lot of time with him and has to spend time trying to decipher the babbling. I get a text randomly from these people..."What's he talking about?" and can usually help them on their way.

I do this sometimes with my Father. I don't know always know how to pray or the words come out all jumbled as if I can't process what's in my heart. Those moments of grief when you can't put into words what you're feeling? Yep, those have come, too. God has an interpreter, though! I am so thankful that in those times where I can't compose the words to pray, the Holy Spirit does it for me...passing on my cares to the Lord. Praise the God who hears every one of the prayers we pray!

No comments: